I can’t believe we are rolling at speed into the spring time, not a moment to soon after a damp and cold winter. As you all know I am supporting a good freinds charity this year by cycling 115 miles to raise awareness of the importance of support after the death of a loved one. In particular sudden death and death of a child. For more information please visit http://www.2wishuponastar.org.
Some very important things I’ve discovered whilst training:
- Padded shorts are not a fashion accessory they’re really needed!
- My joints are not as young as they used to be so radox baths also essential!,
- Cyclist do not stick close to the curb as that is where all the pot holes/drains and broken glass tends to be.
- Flies do not taste nice
- Good idea to get sunglasses as when the sun decides to shine you do not have a handy Visor on an bike!
- I have more determinantion than I thought.
- when my legs ache and my body screams no more my heart and passion take over to help me finish.
I promise no business/cycling cliche, but cycling is hard at times, enjoyable at times and the sense of achievement when you finish a course is huge and if I finish in Taunton last, battered & bruised it doen’t matter because I give it my all.
So whatever you do give it your all, be passionate and live with as little regret as possible.
Please sponser me just a little bit – to nick the superstore line ‘every little helps’!!!
Will keep you updated on my progress.